Get Answers to Your Questions Right Here
How are PMIR Medical Center physicians “Trained for Pain”?
Our PMIR Medical Center physicians are pain management specialists who are experts at determining the source of your pain:
- All of our doctors have received extensive medical training at top-tier universities so they are “trained for pain” in anesthesiology, neurology and pain management.
- We use state-of-the-art equipment and advanced diagnostic procedures to pinpoint the underlying cause of your pain and its side effects.
- We develop a customized treatment continuum of services, starting with a conservative approach, to more advanced therapies, to more aggressive options.
- We offer treatments to patients in the Los Angeles area, as well as nationwide.
What are some facts about pain?
The fact is, chronic pain has become a major public health problem in the United States. Did you know that:
- About 116 million Americans endure chronic or recurring pain
- Pain is the number one complaint of older Americans
- One in five older Americans regularly use painkillers
- Migraines plague 25 million people in the U.S.
- One in six Americans suffer from arthritis-related chronic pain
- Low back pain is the fifth most common reason for all physician visits in the U.S.
- Back pain is the most frequent cause of activity limitation in people younger than 45 years old
- Chronic pain can be both physical and emotional
- Pain can increase stress levels, which can make pain worse
- The annual cost of chronic pain in the United States, including healthcare expenses, lost income, and lost productivity, is estimated to be $100 billion
- More women (27.1%) than men (24.4%) report that they are in pain
- 1 in 3 Americans lose more than 20 hours of sleep each month due to pain
What are some symptoms or conditions of chronic pain that are treated at PMIR Medical Center?
Chronic or recurring pain affects over 100 million Americans. Chronic, constant or intense pain can hang on for days, weeks, months, or even years to prevent you from working, interrupt your sleeping, or limiting your normal activities. The pain specialists at PMIR Medical Center stand ready to provide proven, effective solutions for a variety of painful symptoms and conditions, including:
- Cancer Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Fibromyalgia Pain Management
- Herniated Disc
- Muscle Strain
- Myofascial Pain
- Nerve Damage (Neuropathy)
- Phantom & Stump Pain
- Spinal Stenosis
- Vertebral Fractures
What are some of the treatment options offered by PMIR Medical Center?
PMIR Medical Center offers a wide variety of integrative treatment options, including:
- Botox Injections
- Celiac Plexus Blocks
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Facet Block Injections
- Hypogastric Plexus Blocks
- Intercostal Nerve Blocks (AKA Neurolyic Block)
- Medication Management
- Nerve Blocks
- Peripheral Nerve Stimulator
- Piriformis Block Injections
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy
- Radiofrequency Ablation Treatments
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Spinal Pumps
- Stellate Ganglion Blocks
- Trigger Point Injections
- Vertebroplasty & Kyphoplasty
What are some additional resources?
Make An Appointment Today
To learn more about how we can help relieve your pain, contact us directly via our online form or request an appointment today by calling (855) 764-7633