Have Back Pain? Want to Give Relief a Shot?
The PMIR Medical Center physicians are pain specialist quarterbacks. We talk to you to discover the underlying source of your pain. Then, we work tirelessly to treat and relieve your pain with a customized treatment plan and a wide variety of techniques.
Epidural steroid injections are the most commonly performed injection and are typically given to patients with constant or chronic back pain who also have:
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Stenosis
- Vertebral Fractures
An epidural steroid injection is a minimally invasive procedure that is:
- Used to treat spinal nerve irritation caused by pressure from your inflamed tissues next to the nerve (nerve root compression).
- Guided by fluoroscopy—a viewing instrument that uses real-time X-rays––to inject a corticosteroid solution into the epidural space around your nerve roots at the affected area of the spine.
- Often effective at reducing swelling, decreasing inflammation, and alleviating pain.
The Benefits of Epidural Steroid Injections for Pain
- Epidural steroid injections are the most commonly performed injections used to provide pain relief.
- An epidural steroid injection is generally successful in relieving lower back pain for almost 50% of patients.
- The injection helps flush out inflammatory proteins that may cause pain.
- The pain relief achieved through epidural steroid injections can improve a patient’s quality of life by minimizing the need for pain medication and delaying or avoiding the need for surgery.
At PMIR Medical Center, our team of medically trained pain management specialists understands your pain and the most effective way to treat it. We use standards of excellence, state-of-the-art equipment, and innovative procedures to develop customized, integrative treatment plans to help you achieve long-term, sustainable pain relief.
To learn more about how we can help you return to a pain-free, productive lifestyle, schedule an appointment with a PMIR physician today.
- EMedicineHealth Visit Website
- MedicineNet Visit Website
- Spine-Health.com: ESJ Visit Website
- Spine-Health.com: ESJ for Low Back Pain & Sciatica Visit Website
- Thousand Oaks Surgery Center Visit Website
- WebMD.com Visit Website
Make An Appointment Today
To learn more about how we can help relieve your pain, contact us directly via our online form or request an appointment today by calling (877) 724-6349.