Seeking Relief From Headaches or Fibromyalgia?
You may associate Botox injections with cosmetic treatments to decrease wrinkles on your forehead or between your eyebrows. At PMIR Medical Center, we know that Botox can also be effectively utilized to reduce or relieve chronic pain, so we use Botox injections on our patients who are experiencing:
Botox®, also known as Botulinum Toxin Type A, is derived from the bacterium, Clostridium Botulinum. When injected in small quantities by our PMIR pain specialist physicians, Botox blocks the release of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine from muscles, forcing them to relax and alleviating spasms and chronic muscle-related pain.
The Benefits of Botox Injections for Pain
- Nearly 1 million people worldwide have experienced pain relief from Botox.
- Long-term therapy with Botox has been found to be safe and very effective.
- Botox treatment is distinctive because of its ability to treat a specific target area.
- Botox injections can be done quickly and have fast-acting, long-lasting results.
At PMIR Medical Center, our team of medically trained pain management specialists understands your pain and the most effective way to treat it. We use standards of excellence, state-of-the-art equipment, and innovative procedures to develop customized, integrative treatment plans to help you achieve long-term, sustainable pain relief.
To learn more about how we can help you return to a pain-free, productive lifestyle, schedule an appointment with a PMIR physician today.
- Arthritis Today Visit Website
- EMedicine Visit Website
- Everyday Health Visit Website
- Thousand Oaks Surgery Center Visit Website
Make An Appointment Today
To learn more about how we can help relieve your pain, contact us directly via our online form or request an appointment today by calling (855) 764-7633.