Want a Nerve-Blocking Injection With Excellent Results?
Your celiac plexus consists of a network of interconnecting, radiating nerve fibers known as your celiac ganglia, which can be the epicenter of a variety of pain points. To help combat pain in this area, a celiac plexus nerve block is a minimally invasive procedure administered by the pain specialist physicians at PMIR Medical Center that can result in effective pain relief.
- Can block the nerves in the abdomen that carry pain signals to your spinal cord and brain.
- Uses fluoroscopy–– a viewing instrument that uses real-time X-rays––to insert an anesthetic directly into the nerves that support your abdomen tissues and organs.
- Is typically used for patients suffering from cancer pain.
- May also be used for patients suffering from pain caused by the pancreas, liver, gallbladder, stomach, spleen, kidneys, intestines, adrenal glands, and blood vessels.
The Benefits of Celiac Plexus Block Injections
- An 84% incidence of pain relief has been reported with celiac plexus block, although sometimes repeat blocks are necessary.
- Studies show that a celiac plexus block can provide weeks of relief to upwards of over a year.
- Since opiate medications do not work well for severe abdominal pain, this is an excellent treatment option for those suffering from pancreatic cancer, Crohn’s disease or other painful abdominal conditions.
At PMIR Medical Center, our team of medially trained pain management specialists understands your pain and the most effective way to treat it. We use standards of excellence, state-of-the-art equipment, and innovative procedures to develop customized, integrative treatment plans to help you achieve long-term, sustainable pain relief.
To learn more about how we can help you return to a pain-free, productive lifestyle, schedule an appointment with a PMIR physician today.