At PMIR Medical Center, our physicians use trigger point injections to treat chronic muscle pain and other issues that affect the musculoskeletal system. Chronic muscle pain can significantly impact a person’s ability to function and their quality of life. Trigger point injections may offer immediate benefits to people who have chronic muscle pain. Pain specialists at PMIR Medical Center understand how pain can affect every aspect of life; we can develop a customized treatment plan to reduce and manage your individual pain level.
What Are Trigger Point Injections?
- It is targeted for a trigger point – a muscle “knot” or a tight, ropy band of muscle that forms when your muscle fibers get tangled and distorted from their normal uniform pattern.
- It is used when trigger points irritate the nerves surrounding them, causing pain that is felt in another part of your body, which is known as referred pain.
- It is an effective treatment to inactivate trigger points – usually with a corticosteroid or a botanical called Sarapin – and provide relief from your pain.
Trigger Point Injection (TPI) Candidates
Trigger point injections are generally recommended for people who have:
- TPI loosens muscle groups so better progress can be made in physical therapy.
- TPI is not painful and may be repeated on an occasional basis.
- TPI blocks inflammation and breaks up muscle spasms and adhesions.
Why Choose PMIR Medical Center?
At PMIR Medical Center, our team of medically trained pain management specialists understands your pain and the most effective way to treat it. We use standards of excellence, state-of-the-art equipment, and innovative procedures to develop customized integrative treatment plans to help you achieve long-term, sustainable pain relief. To learn more about how we can help you return to a pain-free, productive lifestyle, schedule an appointment with a PMIR physician today.