Suffering From Chronic Muscle Fiber Pain?
At PMIR Medical Center, our medically trained pain management specialists understand pain and how it affects every aspect of your life. Our team of anesthesiologists, neurologists, and support staff can provide a customized, effective treatment plan to reduce and manage your individual level of pain.
Trigger point injections are generally recommended for people who have:
A trigger point injection (TPI):
- Is targeted for a trigger point––a muscle “knot” or a tight, ropy band of muscle that forms when your muscle fibers get tangled and distorted from their normal uniform pattern.
- Is used when trigger points irritate the nerves that surround them, causing pain that is felt in another part of your body, which is known as referred pain.
- Is an effective treatment to inactivate trigger points—usually with a corticosteroid or a botanical called Sarapin—and provide relief from your pain.
The Benefits of Trigger Point Injections for Pain
- Trigger point injections (TPI) loosen muscle groups so better progress can be made in physical therapy rehabilitation.
- TPI are not painful and may be repeated on an occasional basis.
- TPI block inflammation and break up muscle spasm and adhesions.