An epidural steroid injection is one of the most commonly performed pain management procedures, typically given to patients with constant or chronic back pain who also have degenerative disc disease (DDD), failed back surgery syndrome (FBSS), herniated disc, sciatica, spinal stenosis, and vertebral fractures.
Ease Chronic Pain With ESI
An epidural steroid injection is a minimally invasive procedure that is:
- Used to treat spinal nerve irritation caused by pressure from your inflamed tissues next to the nerve (nerve root compression).
- Guided by fluoroscopy — a viewing instrument that uses real-time X-rays — to inject a corticosteroid solution into the epidural space around your nerve roots at the affected area of the spine.
- Often effective at reducing swelling, decreasing inflammation, and alleviating pain.
Epidural Steroid Injection Benefits
- Epidural steroid injections are the most commonly performed injections used to provide pain relief.
- An epidural steroid injection is generally successful in relieving lower back pain for almost 50% of patients.
- The injection helps flush out inflammatory proteins that may cause pain.
- The pain relief achieved through epidural steroid injections can improve a patient’s quality of life by minimizing pain medication and delaying or avoiding surgery.
Why Choose PMIR Medical Center?
At PMIR Medical Center, our team of medically trained pain management specialists understands your pain and the most effective way to treat it. We use standards of excellence, state-of-the-art equipment, and innovative procedures to develop customized integrative treatment plans to help you achieve long-term, sustainable pain relief. To learn more about how we can help you return to a pain-free, productive lifestyle, schedule an appointment with a PMIR physician today.