Indirect decompression is a device utilized to relieve pain by acting as an extension blocker in the spine. It relieves pressure on the affected nerves in the same way a patient feels relief in a seated or flexed position. Those patients with lumbar spinal stenosis (LSS) can provide great relief with a simple outpatient procedure. This new and minimally invasive procedure has a rapid recovery time and involves no destabilization of the spine.
Indirect Decompression Candidates
Talk with the doctors about this procedure if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Leg, buttock, and groin pain.
- You have been diagnosed with lumbar spinal stenosis.
- Numbness, weakness, cramping, or stiffness in the legs or buttocks.
- Difficulty walking or standing but experience relief in the seated or flexed position.
- Available in multiple sizes to accommodate varying patient anatomy.
- Patients may be able to reduce oral pain medications and their side effects.
- Ensures controlled movement and minimizes post-procedure complications.
- Effective alternative to failed conservative treatments and laminectomy too aggressive.
- Simple outpatient procedure with rapid recovery time and no destabilization of the spine.
Why Choose PMIR Medical Center?
At PMIR Medical Center, our medically-trained pain management specialists understand the pain and how it can affect every aspect of life. We use standards of excellence, state-of-the-art equipment, and innovative procedures to develop customized integrative treatment plans to help you achieve long-term, sustainable pain relief.
Our team of anesthesiologists, neurologists, and support staff are unmatched in the industry for developing customized, comprehensive treatment plans to safely and effectively reduce and manage chronic pain levels. To learn more about how we can help you return to a pain-free, productive lifestyle, schedule an appointment with a PMIR Medical Center physician today.
CONTACT US TODAY
Now Offering The Vertiflex Procedure
Superion Indirect Decompression System
The Vertiflex Procedure is redefining lumbar spinal stenosis (LSS) treatment, providing patients with a clinically proven, minimally invasive solution that delivers long-term pain relief. Clinically proven for LSS, this evidence-based procedure underwent one of the most rigorous studies on pain-related lumbar stenosis, is FDA-approved, and is backed by a five-year clinical study of successful patient-reported outcomes. Designed with patient safety and comfort in mind, this is a simple outpatient procedure with rapid recovery time and no destabilization of the spine. To learn more about The Vertiflex Procedure and determine if you are a good candidate, contact us today.