PRP, or platelet rich plasma therapy, is a revolutionary treatment that relieves pain by promoting long-lasting recovery of musculoskeletal conditions using the body’s own healing power. If you have stubborn hip pain, shoulder pain, knee pain, back pain, or some other chronic joint pain, or if you’re hoping to recover quickly from an acute injury, PRP therapy may be an ideal option to add to your individualized pain management treatment plan. PMIR Medical Center physicians can help determine if this advanced, non-surgical treatment option is right for you.
What Is Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy?
- PRP, or platelet rich plasma therapy, is a relatively new treatment option that relieves pain by promoting long-lasting healing of musculoskeletal conditions.
- It is produced by obtaining some of the patient’s own blood and placing it in a centrifuge.
- It separates the PRP from the rest of the patient’s blood particles, then is injected directly into the injured area of bone or soft tissue to facilitate the healing process.
Benefits of PRP Therapy
- No anesthesia is required.
- Natural healing procedure.
- Shorter recovery time compared to surgery.
- Increases functionality and range of motion.
- An effective solution to avoid or delay surgery.
- Improved pain-relief and decreased inflammation.
- Outpatient procedure at our state-of-the-art facility.
- Increases tissue regeneration, collagen, bone density, and new blood cells.
Why Choose PMIR Medical Center?
Our pain management specialists at PMIR Medical Center understand your pain and the most effective way to treat it. We use standards of excellence, state-of-the-art equipment, and innovative procedures to develop customized integrative treatment plans to help you achieve long-term, sustainable pain relief. To learn more about how we can help you return to a pain-free, productive lifestyle, schedule an appointment with a PMIR physician today.