There are two common, well-known types of minimally invasive procedures designed to immediately stabilize and treat compression fracture pain and prevent progressive spinal deformity — vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty. With a significantly high 90% success rate in relieving pain, the vertebroplasty procedure is an ideal solution for chronic pain patients. At PMIR Medical Center, we understand all aspects of pain, so we are unmatched in developing customized, effective pain treatment plans.
Vertebroplasty Procedure Overview
- Minimally invasive, outpatient procedures for stabilizing compression fractures.
- In vertebroplasty, bone cement is injected into the broken or fractured vertebrae.
- In kyphoplasty, a balloon is inserted into the fractured bone to create a cavity or space;
- Then, the bone cement is injected into the cavity when the balloon is removed.
The vertebroplasty procedure is typically recommended for compression pain-related to:
Chronic Pain-Relieving Benefits
- Both procedures are identified as safe and effective procedures.
- Vertebroplasty increases mobility in more than 90% of patients.
- Following vertebroplasty, nearly 75% of patients regain lost mobility and energy.
- Both procedures relieve pain, increase functional abilities, prevent future fractures.
- Kyphoplasty has been used to treat more than 700,000 spinal fractures worldwide.
Why Choose PMIR Medical Center?
At PMIR Medical Center, our team of medically trained pain management specialists understands your pain and the most effective way to treat it. We use standards of excellence, state-of-the-art equipment, and innovative procedures to develop customized integrative treatment plans to help you achieve long-term, sustainable pain relief. To learn more about how we can help you return to a pain-free, productive lifestyle, schedule an appointment with a PMIR physician today.