Do You Have Chronic Pain From Spinal Compression?
At PMIR Medical Center, our medically trained pain management specialists understand all aspects of pain. That’s why our team of anesthesiologists, neurologists, and support staff can provide a customized, effective treatment plan to reduce and manage your particular pain.
Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty are generally recommended for people who have spinal compression associated with:
Vertebroplasty & kyphoplasty:
- Are minimally invasive, outpatient procedures for stabilizing compression fractures in your spine.
- In a vertebroplasty procedure, bone cement is injected into your vertebrae that have fractured or broken.
- In a kyphoplasty procedure, a balloon is first inserted into your fractured bone to create a cavity or space, then the bone cement is injected into the cavity when the balloon is removed.
The Benefits of Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty for Pain
- Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty can help decrease pain, increase functional abilities, and prevent further vertebral collapse.
- Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty are both identified as safe and effective procedures.
- Vertebroplasty increases mobility in more than 90% of patients.
- Following vertebroplasty, nearly 75% of patients regain lost mobility and become more active.
- Balloon kyphoplasty has been used to treat more than 700,000 spinal fractures worldwide