Piriformis syndrome is a “sciatica-like” condition characterized by symptoms that can often be mistaken for other conditions, yet one that also has unique characteristics and requires an individualized piriformis injection treatment plan. PMIR Medical Center is committed to easing our patients’ chronic pain by offering a wide variety of customized treatment plans, utilizing advanced state-of-the-art medical equipment, complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) options, and an array of integrative therapies.
What Is a Piriformis Injection Used to Treat?
For patients suffering from sciatica, we often recommend piriformis injection treatments directly to the source of your chronic pain. These particular injections are:
- Targeted to your piriformis muscle in your buttock area, which extends from your tailbone’s side to the thighbone’s side.
- Directed to the exact source of your sciatic nerve irritation.
- Administered as a local anesthetic and steroid directly into your piriformis muscle when it becomes inflamed or irritated.
Sciatic Pain-Relieving Benefits
- A piriformis injection can help patients experience dramatic pain relief.
- This simple and quick procedure can be performed with or without fluoroscopic guidance.
- In many cases, a piriformis injection is a sciatic nerve block that can relieve the pain associated with sciatica.
Why Choose PMIR Medical Center?
At PMIR Medical Center, our team of medically trained pain management specialists understands your pain and the most effective way to treat it. We use standards of excellence, state-of-the-art equipment, and innovative procedures to develop customized integrative treatment plans to help you achieve long-term, sustainable pain relief. To learn more about how we can help you return to a pain-free, productive lifestyle, schedule an appointment with a PMIR physician today.