Want Relief From Back Joint Pain?
The PMIR Medical Center physicians are trained for pain. They understand the ins and outs of back pain, know how to determine its underlying source, and can create a customized plan to help you achieve long-term pain relief.
We know that facet block injections (or “facet blocks”) can be helpful to treat your inflamed facet joints caused by:
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Spinal Stenosis
- Vertebral Fractures
Facet joint injections are minimally invasive procedures that:
- Can relieve neck or back pain caused by inflamed facet joints, which are the small joints at each segment of your spine that provide stability and help guide motion.
- Are guided by fluoroscopy—a viewing instrument that uses real-time X-rays––to inject a steroid solution into the facet joint capsule to reduce inflammation.
- Are often effective at relieving pain in your cervical (neck), thoracic (upper back), or lumbar (lower back) facet joints.
The Benefits of Facet Block Injections for Pain
Approximately 50% of patients experience pain relief after facet blocks that can last from several days to several months or even years.
The pain relief provided by a facet block injection can help patients better tolerate their prescribed physical therapy regimen to rehabilitate their back.
A facet joint injection can be used to diagnose the cause and location of a patient’s pain as well as provide pain relief.