Has Joint Pain Ruined Your Life?
At PMIR Medical Center, our medically trained pain management physicians understand pain and how it can affect every aspect of your life, day and night. Our team of anesthesiologists, neurologists, and support staff can provide a customized, effective treatment plan to reduce your pain, and get you back to an active lifestyle.
Viscosupplementation is generally recommended for people who are experiencing the pain associated with arthritis.
- Is used to enable bones to move smoothly over one another and act as a shock absorber for the joints by simulating normal joint fluid.
- Involves an injection of hyaluronic acid to mimic healthy, young synovial fluid to lubricate a joint.
- Restores joint function by reducing or eliminating pain.
The Benefits of Viscosupplementation for Pain
- Viscosupplementation can reduce pain, swelling and inflammation within the joint.
- Viscosupplementation increases the cartilage depth on load-bearing surfaces.
- Injections of hyaluronic acid may stimulate the body to produce more of its own hyaluronic acid.
- Viscosupplemention can increase the viscosity of the synovial fluid.
- ABC News Visit Website
- AAOS.org Visit Website
- Thousand Oaks Surgery Center Visit Website
- WebMD.com - Hyaluronan Injections for Knee Osteoarthritis Visit Website
- Orthogate.org Visit Website
Make An Appointment Today
To learn more about how we can help relieve your pain, contact us directly via our online form or request an appointment today by calling (877) 724-6349.