Arnicare Arthritis is a homeopathic remedy that is used to temporarily relieve minor aches and pains due to arthritis. Boiron USA, a world leader in homeopathic medicines, is the manufacturer of Arnicare. Arnica Montana, a plant native to the mountains of Europe and North America, contains derivatives of thymol, which seems to have anti-inflammatory properties. A study in 2007 showed that people with osteoarthritis in their hands found that arnica worked just as well as daily ibuprofen with minimal side effects.
The active ingredients below are listed with their associated symptoms:
- Arnica montana 3C HPUS – Relieves pain from joint inflammation and overexertion
- Benzoicum acidum 6C HPUS – Relieves pain in the wrists
- Bryonia alba 6C – Relieves joint pain worsened by movement or the slightest touch
- Chamomilla 12C HPUS – Relieves sensitivity to pain, tingling and numbing pain
- Dulcamara 6C HPUS – Relieves joint pains triggered or worsened by damp weather
- Kali iodataum 12C HPUS – Relieves joint and muscle pains worsened at night
- Pulsatilla 3C HPUS – Relieves finger joint pain worsened by heat and slow motion
- Rhododendron chrysanthum 12CHPUS – Relieves rheumatic pain worsened by dry heat
- Rhus toxicodendron 6CHPUS – Relieves joint pains improved by motion & worsened by humidity
At the onset of symptoms, you should dissolve 2 tablets in the mouth, and repeat, if needed, every 15 minutes for 3 more doses. Then, dissolve 2 tablets in the mouth every hour until symptoms improve.
You can buy Arincare Arthritis over-the-counter at your local Whole Foods, Sprouts, CVS Pharmacy, Rite Aid, Walmart, and Pharmaca.
Please visit www.boironusa.com to learn more about Arnica products.