As hard as we work and as busy as we are, it’s important to take advantage of nature whenever possible to restore balance to our emotional, mental and circulatory systems. When the pressures of daily life cause us stress, we become physically and mentally imbalanced. The effect of stress on the etheric or subtle energy level is that we become blocked in the energy centers (Chakras) of our bodies. There exists both productive and unproductive stress, and the latter can cause unnecessary physical pain and even illness.
An effective way to reduce stress-related pain in the body is to deepen our understanding of ourselves honestly so we can support our health and nurture ourselves through challenges. A simple and creative way of giving ourselves the calming and balancing effect of being in nature is to focus on the color green. This is especially helpful when we are too busy or in too much physical discomfort to physically get out into nature.
The color green of the natural world can offers us feeling of peace and balance, which is why we sometimes crave nature when we feel stressed and overwhelmed. When we imagine green light, for instance, it can energize, soothe and restore balance.
Here’s a healing visualization method that can try to help restore calm and balance in your life, as adapted from Jack Angelo’s book, Hands-On Healing, A Practical Guide to Channeling Your Healing Energies. Never attempt this while driving – only use this when safely grounded.
- Sit with your back straight and your feet firmly on the ground with your hands resting on your thighs, palms facing up.
- Visualize green light shining down on the top of your head.
- Breathe it in with gratitude for the healing you are about to receive.
- As you inhale, imagine as the color flows down over your head and body and radiates around your body in a glowing, green sphere of energy.
- As you exhale, it showers your aura in the color green.
- On the next series of 3-5 breathes, as you inhale, say in your mind, “I breathe in peace and balance.”
- As you exhale, release the tension or upset you are feeling in your body.
- Repeat this pattern of breathing in peace and balance and breathing out stress for as long as feels comfortable. Even just 3-5 minutes is powerful.
- Now, breathe the green light in through the top of your head and imagine that it is filling your entire body from the inside out with green light.
Give thanks for the healing you have received and gently bring your awareness back into the room. This visualization process may be done as often as needed and it is recommended that it be done in times of acute stress and tension.
Article contributed by Jaime Kalman, CHt. Jaime is a certified hypnotherapist with the National Guild of Hypnotists, certified energy healing practitioner with Healing in America, and a certified life coach specializing in personal empowerment. She works in person and over the phone with clients all over the world who are seeking to reduce their stress & pain and feel confident, peaceful and positive. For more information about Jaime and her transformational work, visit www.inspiredhealingandawareness.com or call (323) 632-3925 for a complimentary, 20-minute consultation.