Maintain healthy posture habits while shopping online this holiday season.
☑️ Phone or laptop fully charged
☑️ High speed internet
☑️ Favorite shopping websites bookmarked
☑️ Credit card number memorized
☐ Healthy posture habits
You’ve got everything checked off on your list for online shopping this Cyber Monday, but there’s one important item you may have skimmed over – tips for maintaining good posture! Avoid waking up with a stiff neck or back during the bustling holiday season. Here are a few quick tips to help improve your posture while browsing the web for deals and anytime you use your phone, laptop or computer!
- Lie down: If you are browsing the internet on your phone or tablet, lie on your back and hold it above your head.
- Keep it at eye level: Bring your phone, laptop or tablet screen to eye level so your head isn’t slouched forward.
- Work it out: Strong core muscles are essential for supporting the upper body, including your neck. Exercise your core muscles regularly to strengthen your neck and prevent injuries.
- While sitting at your kitchen table: Push your hips as far back as they can go in the chair. Roll your shoulders back and tuck chin in slightly.
- Support yourself: Use a rolled up towel or firm pillow behind your lower back for lumbar support.
- Take a break: The deals will still be there when you get back! Avoid sitting for long periods of time. Take a few minutes to walk around and get some fresh air.